Saturday, July 7, 2007

Poetry by Mystic Raven : "THE BARS ACROSS MY HEART"

THE BARS ACROSS MY HEART

My love kept me in the house
Anxiously trying to please him,
Hovering around so he wouldn't criticize.
I used to see bars on the windows and doors

But the way he treated me,
I might as well have been wearing
A chastity belt, because
The cruel behavior locked up my love;

So I took my heart back
And it belonged only to me.
Now it belongs to the love I feel
Toward the Lord and Lady,

And the love and compassion
That I feel coming from Them.
And there are no locks
No more prison bars;

The only thing that holds me back
Is when i lose faith in myself,
Because I know that the Deities
Believe in me, and I am Their daughter.

It's not that easy to accept freedom
I have been used to limitations
First placed on me by others,
Then placed on me by myself.

What is it like to be free? I don't know...
I hope You will teach me,
Teach me to love strongly and deeply,
So my heart will glow with a Divine Spark.


© Copyright 7/07/07
Beth Clare Johnson (Mystic Raven)