Saturday, July 7, 2007

"A DAUGHTER OF ISIS"

A DAUGHTER OF ISIS

Everywhere I go, storms form and roil
Around me; soon the darkness gathers,
And the wind whips at my gown.
The thunder rumbles along with me as I
Walk, it moves me forward, and
Comforts me with it's familiar sound.

The lightning flashes it's brightness,
Comes through through me with it's
Power, and fires shoot from my hands.
Beware! do not come near me;
There is danger in my wild beauty, and I
Have learned sorcery from distant lands.

I have come from Egypt, as a daughter
of Isis and learned in her magicks, both
Dark and bright. Even the stars above
Are captured in my cloak...see them?
And they will burn you, as I will...
So do not talk of passion, or of love.

I draw the large cats to me, they come
From many lands, to curl near me and purr
And tear apart those who seek to hold
One who only plays with mortal kind;
Practicing storms in the quiet desert until
Great Mother calls me back to her fold.

I have never known a human man, nor
Have I been touched. I play with fires
And destinies, yet something is absent
From my heart. Even furry cats cannot take
The place of love, though it is only a vague
Thought or memory, a fleeting sense....

Of what could be. But you dare not touch me,
I am an immortal, a handmaid though still free;
Free to play at life with humans as my dolls...
They are unable to be my equal, yet humans
Have what I lack; my heart is unused and withering.
Soon my Soul will die, caring not what befalls.

I have wandered too far from the love of the
Mother; played too often with thunder and fire.
I was human once, a Pharoah's queen;
Then fires of immortality burned my heart.
Now I amuse myself with humans as a game,
And deep inside, grieve what might have been.


© Copyright 10/17/05
Beth Johnson
(Mystic Amazon)