Saturday, January 22, 2005

Monologue: Rituals & Spellwork

All of my rituals and spellwork are done very differently today than when I started a little over 25 years ago. They are more and more adept and reflective of the ancient ways of Witchcraft as performed back then. In addition and since 1996 after becoming an ordained minister--my opening ceremonies, rituals, formal ceremonies, and spell casting are different in that they are based on a more structured/liturgical approach which are also influenced by my training during my coven years as well as growing along my spiritual path.

For example, in the beginning, my spells and rituals were very simplistic, routine, brief, awkward, haphazard, and ineffective; and I didn't take into account the day of the week, time of day, position of the moon and planets, environmental factors, color(s) of the day, crystals to use or not to use, etc.; whereas now, I take all of these matters into consideration and much more due to having several mentors over the years and having lived in a coven. Coven life taught me a great deal about the right and wrong ways of doing things, divination, prayer, meditation, energy, spell and ritual preparation/structure, High (or Ceremonial) Magick, participation in the Esbats & Sabbats, and many other useful things I probably would not have picked up on if I had just been a Solitary Witch all of my life. I would say that my Magick is much more powerful, effective, and resulting than yesteryear.

Time, learning, experience, and practice have allowed me to perform very complex Magick today as I continue to enhance and refine the spiritual gifts and skills bestowed upon me by my deities. The manner in which I write spells and rituals today is a lot more adept and
complex than way back when as this should become over time.
_____________________
Rev. K.A. Sahure, H.P.
The Temple of Kheti