Friday, February 29, 2008

"A Morning Walk to Meditate"

A MORNING WALK TO MEDITATE

Today I got up and headed for some coffee,
Bringing my circlet of roses with me on the way.
I jammed it on my head as I buttered toast
And boiled an egg for protein and my health.

I forgot to take off the circlet in the shower
So the roses were kinda wilted when i stepped out
But what the hay, they look good with wet hair.
I threw on my purple muu muu and my sneakers,

And headed out for a morning walk with nature.
I whistled for my dog JoJo to come with me,
He gets so pissed off when I forget.
I decided to take note of the types of birds

That go soaring so far above us;
JoJo always chases all the little animals
So there is no way I could miss any of them.
It feels so good to feel the sun against my face

(I always wear the lotions with SPF blockers in them).
Lots of pinecones are on the ground to trip over,
And squirrels that like to fuss at JoJo from the trees.
It's so great to meditate in the mornings,

While I walk to get rid of my extra cellulite!
The breeze feels so good when I'm not wearing underwear,
As long as I don't sit down to rest with JoJo
And forget about crawling ants and my grass allergy.


© Copyright 2/29/08
Beth Clare Johnson
(Mystic Raven)