Monday, February 4, 2008

"The Adventurous Witch"

THE ADVENTUROUS WITCH

I shall put my witches hat on my head,
Grab my cloak, and go out into the world!
My broom has a knapsack tied to it
With a change of clothes, my spell book
And a tiny statue (or two) of the Goddess.

I shall walk on foot to tone up my body
And avoid fast food places on the way.
When I get tired, my broom can carry me,
High up near the stars, to wave at the moon.
It is time for my Vision Quest, witchy style.

Who knows who and what I may encounter?
Life is such an adventure, anyway
And I am tired of it just being a damn soap opera.
(There is one soap opera that I like to watch
But I couldn't fit the mini-tv in my knapsack).

As it becomes dark, I can see energies
Swirling all around me and my cat Scratchie...
(Did I forget to mention my familiar)?
Too bad I couldn't shrink a lover
And bring him along in case I get horny.

The only thing about shrinking people is,
Spells can boomerang at times. Yep.
When I get sleepy I will find a place to land
Hopefully someplace soft and dry
So I can cuddle up in my cloak and rest.

I have found out the hard way before
That it is not a good thing to fall asleep
While flying the broomstick...
Scratchie got SO mad at me the last time!
I had to try to heal my broken ribs myself

And had to walk scrunched over for awhile.
But I digress, as usual.
Anyway, back to the stars and adventure.
It gets tiresome being a secret witch
And not getting to zap anybody that bugs me!

Peaceful thoughts, peaceful thoughts...
I can see that nature isn't going to do it,
I will have to meditate as well
And I didn't bring my yoga pillow for posture.
I did bring a few candles

But dammitall, I forgot the matches
And I'm not good with Fire Elementals.
Salamanders just look too much like lizards,
Don't you think so?
I wonder where there are mice for Scratchie?

Well, anyway I look damn sexy
With my black velveteen cloak with red lining
And my quilted leather spike boots
OMG! I forgot to bring deodorant.
Oh well, I will just look for nature spirits

And ask where the nearest stream is
And what they use for soap.
This is really a new learning curve for me,
Going Back to Nature, being a Green Witch
Just like my ancestors!
...This will be such fun?...

© Copyright 2/4/08
Beth Clare Johnson
(Mystic Raven)