Sunday, August 12, 2007

Help & Support of All

Thee following will be short and sweet:

The Temple of Kemetic Wicca exists in spiritual order to help anyone in need of all sorts of social support. I guess that I'm not "Black enough" either--especially due to my being a legally ordained minister of thee Pagan Cloth, Pentacle, and Pythagorean Pentagram. However, I have always believed in the Human and Civil Rights of everyone across America and abroad without bias or prejudice toward race, color, creed, ethnicity, and of course culture. I refuse to apologize for not "sounding, speaking or writing Black" whatever that silly notion is supposed to mean; gee, I was taught that education is good. The same folks who express this are the same folks of whom I teach their own Black and African History to because they do not and have not taken the time to learn this for themselves--how sad for them. Stop blaming those of us who have done so. Back in the day, the Temple offered a free program to teach adults how to read--guess what, no one applied.

Oh well. I refuse to apologize that many Caucasian people of different European ethnicities do actually like me personally and what my Social Ministry is doing, helping people by one hand at a time. And yes, I was born and raised during the exercising of the "Jim Crow Laws" and prior to the Civil Rights Act of 1964. I was and remain anti-Vietnam War just as I am anti-Iraq War. And no, I'm not (to use a "double grammatical negative") a Black Republican and I really don't "wanna be" a Black Democrat either. What really and truly annoys me, as a minister, is that we Pagan Clergy cannot get any funding to promote goodwill and social services that our U.S. Government lacks within our Pagan communities. How can I, as a human being and minister, continue to positively portray and show our youth that the U.S. government and Corporate America are good role models? How can I, as a human being and clergy, continue to advise all of our youth (of all religious denominations or none) that education is good when the media (financially backed and supported by corporations globally) only portrays entertainers, sports figures, and skinny runway models as their future role models. I'm not anti-entertainment, anti-sports, anti-skinny folks at all; but there needs to be a re-focusing, restructuring of what is truly important--THE FAMILY. Gee, businesses restructure, re-organize, and downsize daily with no regard for the pattern of devastation and destruction caused duly by their actions! And when I speak about family and familial values, I am talking about everyone's concept of family values and not necessarily from a religious perspective. After all, some folks are spiritual but not religious along with some folks being absolutely Atheist. I have no issue with this at all--why should anyone else? We help people individually, one person at a time. But today, I was not able to help someone because we have no support. Fine. I'm just keepin' it real and will try to be late for everything and use more Ebonics. One more thing--can someone at least offer me a "Ghetto Card" too while helping me to become more Black? I will continue to forge ahead. Why? Because I know of life in peace and can rest well knowing that I have never stepped-on or hurt anyone within the process and rites of passages within the Life. We are all equal--BELIEVE IT OR NOT. Gee, we're all born of woman--so stop hating your mother. Look inward of yourself for the truth about your hatred, your insecurities, and self worth. From there, you will decide whether to make a serious change within your own life before blaming others for your misfortunes and/or unfulfilled life.The above is something for all of us to ponder whether we care to or not . . . then formulate proactive solutions as I am doing so.

Em Hetep,

Blesséd Be!