Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Social Ministry

One of the major aspects of my ministry (via the Temple of Kheti) has always emphasized the reaching out to those in the community.

Since I felt physically able to walk a bit better earlier yesterday, I went back to doing what I have always done and missed even before becoming a minister--I hobbled around and talked with some of our beloved human beings who dwell on the streets. In talking with these fellow human beings, I have always tried to help them with food, money, and shelter in no certain order; but most of all, I try to share some semblance of hope for a better second, minute, hour, and day without evangelism and/or an attempt to convert anyone to Kemeticism or Wicca for that matter. I had parked my auto illegally because there was nowhere else to park and I had forgotten to post my "Minister On Duty" placard in my auto's window. That placard cracks me up because I'm a clergy on duty 24-7-365.

Anywho, I talked with a gentleman who was sitting at one of the off-ramps in downtown Colorado Springs. The nearby policeman, sitting inside his squad car and in full view of us, was busy scanning for speeders to pay any attention to us.

The gentleman was sitting in a lotus pose which made me think about how one can be very comfy while sitting on a cold ground. I made no judgments about who he is other than he is a fellow human being. Was I afraid to approach him or anyone else for that matter? Nay! Never! Why? Because those of us who have been relegated into poverty, starvation, homelessness, and eventually an untimely demise are not generally violent psychopaths as many people have labeled those human beings who have become homeless. Poverty, starvation, and homelessness are generally caused by the cruelty and inhumanity of other humans and our so-called governments which are empowered to help and prevent homelessness, starvation, and poverty.

Anywho again, the gentleman politely asked me, as we held hands in a mutual and positive sharing of Qi energies, "Have I been sitting here too long?" We both smiled. I then replied, "Well, no . . . but you know what I mean." I asked if I could pray a little for him. He said, "Yes, and I will pray for you thank you." I said "thank you" too.

We prayed together . . . at the Bijou off-ramp of I-25 in sorry-ass America-- and only in America, the so-called wealthiest country in the world! Yes, I am very aware that poverty, starvation, homelessness, and inhumanity pervades our global community!

The ending of poverty, starvation, homelessness, and inhumanity is everyone's problem and should be your major concern too.

Brightest Blessings,

~Rev. Kheti