Saturday, February 5, 2011

A True History of Witchcraft

The following has been excerpted from A True History of Witchcraft by Occultist Allen H. Greenfield [1992].

"The fact is that the instincts of ignorant people invariably find expression in some form of witchcraft. It matters little what the metaphysician or the moralist may inculcate; the animal sticks to his subconscious ideas..." Aleister Crowley - The Confessions

"As attunement to psychic (occult) reality has grown in America, one often misunderstood and secretive branch of it has begun to flourish also -- magical religion..." J. Gordon Melton - Institute for the Study of American Religion, Green Egg, 1975

"Curse them! Curse them! Curse them! With my Hawk's head I peck at the eyes of Jesus as he hangs upon the cross I flap my wings in the face of Mohammed & blind him With my claws I tear out the flesh of the Indian and the Buddhist, Mongol and Din..." Liber Al Vel Legis 3:50 - 53

"If you are on the Path, and see the Buddha walking towards you, kill him." Zen saying, paraphrased slightly.

"Previously I never thought of doubting that there were many witches in the world; now, however, when I examine the public record, I find myself believing that there are hardly any..." Father Friedrich von Spee, S.J., Cautio Criminalis, 1631