Sunday, October 28, 2007

Pattylinn's Tarot Experience

PATTYLINN'S TAROT EXPERIENCE
(a Salem-Turnopia Tale)

Dear Cousin Bertha:

Did you celebrate the last Full Moon in Lower Greybogg? It was in Taurus, I know that is your sign, so I figured you must really be full of energy. Unless your sign is badly aspected, that is... it must not be though, or mom would have asked me to light a candle for you, you know how she is about healing stuff. I got together with my Circle, we call ourselves the Full Moon Loonies, since Blanche is a member and her boyfriend is a werewolf, lol. Get it? Loonie? Full Moon? Werewolf Oh, what the hell. Anyway. We decided to stay sober this time after the ritual, (Blanche has a tendency to go overboard on the wine part of the cakes & wine after the full moon ceremonies).

May Witters decided that a full moon would be great for having a group tarot reading. She shuffled the deck, and each one of us (all 13) closed our eyes and picked one card. Then one at a time, we sent our card around the circle and so we had 12 readings on our card, each. It was really a great idea, and a lot of fun. Well, at leastit was fun until it was my turn to read Lorna Baywolf's card. I looked at her card, and it was the Major Arcana card called "The Fool". As you know, it shows a young man about to step off a cliff, totally unaware and not looking where he is going, with a little dog snapping at his heels. One of the meanings of it is taking a 'leap of faith'.

When I looked at it and concentrated, things around me started getting dim, and I felt myself falling into the card. I wound up on my backside with a "thump!" on the grass. The young man stopped stepping off the cliff and came over to help. The dog kept licking me in the face and yapping. Totally annoying! But the guy was really cute. After staring into his big brown eyes for a few minutes, I noticed that we were right there near the cliff. I asked him why in the heck he wasn't looking where he was going and about to walk off the cliff. He smiled at me... oooo, he had cute freckles and a sexy smile... and said he (Kevyn) was just waiting for someone like me to rescue him. Then he said that he had food wrapped up in the bandana he had on a stick, along with another set of clothes. There was actually wine and cheese in there! Pretty strong wine, too. And he could really kiss!

We were getting down to some really steamy kissing, when the dog came up and yapped at us and tried to drag Kevyn back toward the cliff. I kind of accidentally kicked him (hard) and he ran off yelping... the dog, that is. We had the nicest little afternoon interlude, which is a nice way of saying hot monkey sex, but then... The little dog came back and started snarling and biting at us, and we were so startled that we stepped backwards. Oops! We went fell off the cliff, wine bottle, bandana, and all.

And that is the true story of how I wound up falling in the middle of the tarot circle in my "birthday suit". Of course, I would deny it to anyone else but you, cousin. You know how good I am at binding spells, so I know you will keep my secret!

Lots of love, Your Cuz,

Pattylinn Paranorme
133 Spider Avenue
Salem-Turnopia

...........................................

© Copyright 10/28/07
Beth Clare Johnson
(Mystic Raven)