Saturday, April 1, 2006

Stress & Diet

===========================================
Stress And Diet: You Aren't What You Eat
- by Chris Green
(c) Chris Green - All Rights reserved
http://www.conqueringstress.com/?hop=arctos">http://www.conqueringstress.com/?hop=arctos
===========================================

"You are what you eat."

How many times have you heard this statement? In a world
where the food police virtually have an open book to hassle
everybody about their eating habits, they hammer this
message home to educate people about the benefits of healthy
eating.

In cases where individuals have become grossly overweight,
then this statement rings true. If your diet is based on
junk food - sugar, fat, fast food etc., then your body will
reflect your eating habits and you will put on weight and
your arteries will clog. You increase the risk of heart
attack, stroke and cancer.

But when we look at people who suffer from stress,
depression or anxiety, this statement has no foundation
whatsoever. The reason is simple. Foods, no matter what they
are, cannot make you stressed, depressed or anxious. And no
matter what the food police say, foods cannot cure these
problems. There are some foods that can help you feel
better, but they won't cure you. I'll reveal my choice picks
shortly.

Many people who suffer the torment of a depressive,
stressful or anxious episode do so because of reasons
entirely unrelated to their diet. Also, I have personally
known people whose diet has been anything but healthy and
yet they are pictures of happiness. A very good friend of
mine is a great example of this. She eats junk food day-in,
day-out and yet, as anyone who knows her will testify, she
is one of the happiest and friendliest people you could wish
to meet.

Depression, stress and anxiety can and will arise no matter
how healthy your diet is. Foods don't cause these problems
and foods don't cure these problems. However, they can help
to boost mood and here's 3 quick, simple tips I have
personally used to help me boost my moods. Give them a try
and see how you get on.

1. Cod liver oil. Liquid is best but it's harsh to taste.
Try capsules. Failing that, try oily fish like mackerel. I
loathe oily fish but the capsules are fine. Oily fish is
high in Omega 3, an essential fatty acid. If you're taking
aspirin or you're on prescribed drugs, just check with your
doctor before you take an Omega 3 supplement.

2. I don't eat refined sugar, especially full sugar soda. I
cannot sleep if I drink just one can of full sugar soda so I
avoid it like the plague. I sleep better and I'm not as
fidgety during the day. Although sugar doesn't cause
depression, stress or anxiety, there are links to
hyperactivity and I'm definitely less hyper than I used to
be. See how you feel without sugar.

3. Sometimes, when you're feeling a bit down, comfort food
can be the equivalent of a hug. There are many comfort foods
but my favorite is just a simple bowl of buttery mashed
potato or failing that, creamy chicken soup. I love to do
this when I just want to shut out the world and have my own
company. I light the candles, play some nice music or watch
a good film curled up on the sofa with my comfort food
treat. It never fails to raise my spirits and it's a great
way to unwind and gather my thoughts.

The reason why food can only help and not cure stress,
depression or anxiety is because food doesn't cause these
problems. If you're depressed for example, changing to a
healthy diet won't cure you because it isn't as simple as
that. To permanently conquer stress, depression and anxiety,
the root cause has to be addressed. Diet can help, but only
if it is part of a complete program that addresses all of
the issues, especially the root cause.

Former anxiety sufferer Chris Green is the author of
"Conquering Stress", the internationally acclaimed program
which will help you to permanently conquer stress,
depression and anxiety without taking powerful drugs. For
more information please click here =>
http://www.conqueringstress.com/?hop=arctos">http://www.conqueringstress.com/?hop=arctos

======================================================
Looking to beat stress, anxiety or depression QUICKLY?
"Conquering Stress" reveals the powerful, effective
secrets so you can beat these illnesses once and for all
DRUG FREE! Click Here==>
http://www.conqueringstress.com/?hop=arctos">http://www.conqueringstress.com/?hop=arctos
======================================================